Hot Rod Forum banner

351 windsor serpentine

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  deuce_454 
#1 ·
When did Ford first introduce a serpentine set up on the 351 windsor?
Is it possible to do a conversion using a 69 block and using the accessories off a 91 LTD Crown Victoria?
I heard about difficulties with the water pump---reverse rotation vs. standard rotation.

#2 ·
Not sure on what years but would guess '82 or the mid '80s. Thats when it it becomes defined as a different vintage. I just put in a 351W and needed to make brackets because I couldn't find ones in town. Someone could order some but would have taken a few weeks and I didn't want to wait. Yes the reverse rotation would be a problem and most people just get the other water pump. You could do that or be inventive and make a idler pulley bracket to hold the pulley on the other side of the water pump. Build a bracket from heavy gauge sheetmetal and attach an idler pulley to it then bolt it at the front of the water pump. Never tried it but have done it in my head because I was going to get the serpentine kit and didn't want to get a different water pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.