Hot Rod Forum banner

351C into 66 Mustang

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 ·
has anyone tried to put a 351c into a 66 stang. will it fit and who has the headers. I have just about finished all the mechanical on the car,(9in rear and 4wheel disk w/hydroboost.) i have just finished the 351 and c6, and want to make sure it will go in and still be able to change plugs.(and yes it is a (C) not an (M).... thanks :confused:

#2 ·
Yes I have a 351W in my 65 GT 350 clone, It's a W but should still be close. The major thing will be the header/steering box area, Use short straight headers. Downside is the last two plugs on that side can only be pulled with headers removed, at least that is what I have found. I have all the 289 emblems as well as the air cleaner on her, Give away is when you see how close the motor is to the shock towers, Hauls *** .

#3 ·
i had a 69 elimininator- had a 428cj-i broke the plugs loose with a socket then either used vacume hose or garden hose to spin them out-on the passenger side i had to take the front wheel off to get access to the last to to the back-it will fit-it will be tight-back then you couldnt get headers to fit because of the shock towers-but i still ran 12:88@125mph in the quarter--good lucknull

#5 ·
Yes the 351c will fit in your mustang but one of the head bolts on the right bank will hit the shock tower under hard acceleration. I have found there are two alternatives they are two alter your shock tower, or the best way is to run solid motor mounts.
Good Luck
Longtexan38

#6 ·
years ago I built an international pickup with a fullhouse chevy 350 and under hard acceleration it would break the welds on the left motor mount,I cured the problem with a turn buckle and chain from the left front of engine to the frame...just a suggestion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.