Hot Rod Forum banner

351C perfromance tips

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Pony 
#1 ·
I have a 351C 2V motor and id like to get a lil more performance out of her. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do that will make me notice a change in performance. And by suggestions i dont mean....buy a four barrel manifold and carb...id like to keep it 2V and still get performance from her. Anything will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

#2 ·
Other then the most common changes like intake, carb and camshaft is that the clevelands exhaust ports are too big and have poor velocity which makes the exhaust useless under 7000rpm. They make a block off plate that bolts between the head and exhaust and closes off 30% of the port. This creates more velocity and creates scavenging in the exhaust system. I would use 1-3/4" exhaust headers with this system. Another area that would help is going to a full roller rocker arm. Hope this helps a little..

Ben

#5 ·
Buy this book: Ford Performance by Pat Ganahl ISBN# 0-931472-05-9 SA Designs. It covers all four major Ford engine groups and has a very good section on the Cleveland engines. It can help you pick the right mods with the right parts within your budget and get the results your after. There are also a lot of threads on the Cleveland engines in the knowledge base. Good Luck.:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.