Hot Rod Forum banner

351m/400

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  stepside454 
#1 ·
need help some old guy i met at a yard sale had a 1976 torino 400 engine sitting in his barn that he took out in 1982 his son put another motor in it been sitting there ever since covered up low miles he said ran good when taken out i was looking for a 351 c but i guess this is a 351c big deck stroked he said i could have it his son was killed in car accident never rebuilt it,my question is i read 351m/400 before 1977 had water jacket cracking if it was made in MCC=MICHIGAN CASTING CENTER....and CF..cleveland foundry castings didnt...this motor is (d6ae..9c 485 zd) on back of intake is 6e20..MCC...I WAS GOING TO GET A 434 FORD STROKER KIT FOR IT TO REBUILD...ANY EXPERT INFO ABOUT THIS ENGINE WOULD BE GREAT..would there be a problem with this engine...ed!

#2 ·
jonesed65 said:
need help some old guy i met at a yard sale had a 1976 torino 400 engine sitting in his barn that he took out in 1982 his son put another motor in it been sitting there ever since covered up low miles he said ran good when taken out i was looking for a 351 c but i guess this is a 351c big deck stroked he said i could have it his son was killed in car accident never rebuilt it,my question is i read 351m/400 before 1977 had water jacket cracking if it was made in MCC=MICHIGAN CASTING CENTER....and CF..cleveland foundry castings didnt...this motor is (d6ae..9c 485 zd) on back of intake is 6e20..MCC...I WAS GOING TO GET A 434 FORD STROKER KIT FOR IT TO REBUILD...ANY EXPERT INFO ABOUT THIS ENGINE WOULD BE GREAT..would there be a problem with this engine...ed!
This is a good starting point, if it checks out crack free, run with it.

Bogie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.