Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 351M Cam Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for all of the replies. The engine had to come out anyway to replace a bad ring gear and clutch.

I removed the cam and I believe it to be a stock type. It isn't a ford, but the difference between the base circle subtracted from the lobe multiplied by 1.73 comes to .432 to .437 lift. The tail of the cam has no manufacturer but has the number 940355 in one spot and 580 in another. It also has a casting of 1208 on the side.

Just curious at this point if I am correct that he probably has a stock cam.

I hear everybody on the complete tune up and will get there when it goes back in. I haven't worked on this engine before and you have to understand that my dad and I do not see eye to eye on tune up and maintenance, so that may very well be all it needs.

I just need to know, if at all possible, what he for sure has so I can put his mind at ease. Then I'll get it lined out. I have tried all over Google with no luck. I'm hoping someone will recognize the part number and can point me in the right direction. Thanks.