Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 351w c4 to c6 swap possible?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7StangG2
Thanks for giving your opinion on this and not wondering off anywhere. Im fairly new to this, if I had owned 351w's or 302's in the past I probably wouldnt be here asking whats the difference. Maybe the pic wasnt the best, big deal. But after all im still sure its a 351. I checked the firing order and that comes back as being a 351. I gave the swap more thought and really debating just rebuilding the c4 now.. Thanks to everyone for the good information on this though.
Just a point of info...more than just the 351W had that firing order......many 302s(5.0s) do too.

You will also notice in the shot of the rear of the 302..the lower manifold surface is the same as the top of the bellhousing flange just like the front is.
Since it is apparently a bone stock engine any one of several numbers that are easily visible would also pinpoint what it is...the intake manifold has #s cast on top...the 351W would be a minimum of a C9 casting, the dist. has a number stamped on it that is easily visible, the carb has a tag, but it could have been changed( though it doesn't appear to) so there are some easy access #s that several members could taranslate for you.

Last edited by woodz428; 01-12-2009 at 05:02 PM.