Hot Rod Forum banner

351W Intake options?? Help!

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Pilot34Coupe 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I'm new to the site and have afew questions for the pros. I'm in the process of building a 34 Coupe from Street Beasts and have purchased a rebuilt 351W that has been bored .040 over with a mild cam and reconditioned heads. My question is in regards to advice on an intake manifold. I want to run a Dual quad Tunnel Ram setup..with two 450cfm or 390cfm carbs (don't want too much carburetion) and can't find one ANYWHERE!! Then thought about a roots type supercharger and guess what, can't find one of them for the 351W either! So, anyone know about where to get these setups? If I'm stuck with a single 4bbl intake, what's the best for this engine? I was thinking of the Edelbrock Airgap, non-EGR intake and having it polished. Thoughts? Advice? You can e-mail direct if you wish as well. JstCapt@aol.com and thanks!

Dave

#2 ·
The Edelbrock air gap is a good intake, so is the Weiand Stealth, and don't polish the intake just clean up the casting flash and port match.

Mild cam + stock heads + tunnel ram = a dog with no bottom end torque.

Paxton makes a supercharger that will work with your 351W, this would be better than a tunnel ram.

If this doesn't do it for you use a Edelbrock Victor JR AFR Heads and a 150 shot of nitros oxide.

Maybe this will help some.
:)

#4 ·
Never Say Never...

<a href="http://www.pricemotorsport.com/" target="_blank">-Price Motor Sport-</a>

I don't know how far you are willing to go, but this kit will allow you to use anything that was ever offered for the 289/302 ninety-degree engine.

A weber intake is also available from <a href="http://www.bluethunderauto.com/" target="_blank">-Blue Thunder-</a>.

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: KULTULZ ]</p>

#7 ·
Awesome, thanks guys. That picture of the intake..looks like a webber setup...ooooh baby! I'm researching the articles/addresses you guys gave me, and will examine all options before deciding. I may just do the blower setup, as this won't cause a serious fuel problem and driveability issue I've heard so much about from a dual quad setup. Just wanted something that was asthetically pleasing under there. Not that a bunch of chrome wouldn't do that either, but the tunnel ram or blower just screams street rod. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.