Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 351W SBF rookie build
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. P-Body View Post
Interesting. I don't believe I've ever seen a '71 with a 351W in it. Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't stock, just all the ones I've seen were Clevelands. Could it be a 302?

Jim

Most of what I've seen are indeed a 351 'C', but a '71 Mustang did have a 'W' as well.

Then - what are these?
Ported cast heads - if you mean stock heads, unless they are DO0E (fair, but usually worn out) or a later GT40 or GT40P are not worth what will be needed to recondition when a set of aluminum or even Dart cast iron will be less money.

1x set of chrome moly 5/16 Std. Ford 351w - - ???

Too many good hydraulic lifter camshafts available to fool around a solid lifter cam, with you indicating that you are an almost newbie or are at least paying others to do the work on the engine. Between the shock towers, power brake/master cylinders, a couple of brackets, make valve adjustment a real project

There are several books on AMAZON that will give you a fair rundown of what you can do - I've been fooling around with SB Ford engines for many years and still use a couple for reference as Ford made many parts, virtually identical, but with minor variations, good and bad.