Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 351W SBF rookie build
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

thanks

First, thanks to everyone for helping out... Every comment gives me info to work with...

Quote:
There are several books on AMAZON that will give you a fair rundown of what you can do - I've been fooling around with SB Ford engines for many years and still use a couple for reference as Ford made many parts, virtually identical, but with minor variations, good and bad.
Irelands child I'll be getting a book from amazon, seems like the right place to start... The solid roller camshaft and lifters were parts that I already had and dont want to spend the money again, my dad purchased them several years ago...

hcompton, why would you advice to dump the roller rockers? The KISS method seems perfect! I'll look in to stock dish cast piston kits, hopefully they'll run cheaper, I just dont want to put something in the motor I'l want replaced later on (performance wise)

I just called dougherbert performance and got the real numbers for the cam, its bigger that i had thought! Specs:

Solid Roller Camshaft
.605 lift
240 duration
110 lobe center
16 intake 18 exhaust
2500-6500rpm