Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 351w won't stay running help!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 11:48 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

ok it restarts with no trouble every time no problems at all with that. i have also replaced the ICM is that the same thing as TFI? i can hear the fuel pump running when it dies. it runs for just a second and then turns off. i have also replaced wires, plugs, cap, rotor, coil, and pick up. i have tried running it without the SPOUT spark advance hooked up. none of this made any difference. i have good fuel pressure i checked it and i also have a code scanner and it gives me a ECT, and ACT error even though i have replaced these 2 sensors.
i have gone through this thing systematically just replacing parts with new and nothing has helped. i am thinking it is something simple that i am overlooking.

about the cam,

i had thought of that but it is a mildly aggressive cam very streetable and have used the same cam in simular situations with no problems, also it was doing this before i rebuilt the motor and it had the stock cam in it. it was running fine when this problem started.