Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 355 Chevy hop-up, will this stuff work together?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hello, I bought & installed this cam 13 yrs. ago because Summit & Lunati recomends it for the aftermarket Edelbrock EFI which I also bought.

I had no online advice back then, so the cam is too hot, oh well too late now for this go-around. I will see how it works.

I don't want to break something is why I said 6K RPM I will see how it sounds before going higher.

I have port matched the heads to the larger ports on the Edelbrock manifold & opened up what I could get to with the rotary file bits I have. They have 2.02/1.60 SS valves and were advertised to be about 30HP improvement over my stock heads.

I just adjusted the Crane 1.52 roller rockers, 1 turn past zero lash. The rocker studs are ARP 7/16" The push rods are some HD black aftermarket & probably crane. Most receipts are gone. Springs are Crane dual coil.

I do have a 3,000 RPM stall torque convertor & a B&M T400 on it.

I have all the parts for a good HD rear end. Clean 12 bolt, Strange axles, Moroso posi with 456 gears, not put together yet.

I also have a Gear Vendors OD for it (not installed yet). It will make the 456 act like a 356 on the highway.

I need a good (short) HD driveshaft? I have some kind of yellow ladder bars for the rear end.

Am thinking of putting disc brakes on the rear?

BBP