Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 355 Chevy hop-up, will this stuff work together?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well the 4.56:1 gear and 3000 stall are just right. Ditch the yeller traction bars and set up your rear suspension like would be done on a stock eliminator car.
(boxed in control arms, new poly control arm bushings. Lower control arm relocation brackets. upper control arm mount extensions. adjustable length upper control arms.) airlift air bags in the rear springs.

"I have port matched the heads to the larger ports on the Edelbrock manifold & opened up what I could get to with the rotary file bits I have. They have 2.02/1.60 SS valves and were advertised to be about 30HP improvement over my stock heads."

All fine and pretty but did ya get to the critical bowl area around the big ugly as cast valve guide bosses? If not, do that and wack another .030" off the heads decks. (68-70cc chamber volume) These heads can work for ya but need a full port job beyond what is easy to reach by poking a die grinder in the manifold port opening.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 10-16-2007 at 07:22 PM.