Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 355 chevy hp estimate
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:24 PM
ProStreet620

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, right now its pretty much ready to put in the truck. Its been in once and drives really nice. Drove it up and down the street and burped it to about 3500 and it hooked up nice and smooth. My main consideration is torque. I believe I don't need a motor really strong at the bottom end because if there is a lot of torque it'll just go up in smoke because the truck only weighs around 2350 stock. The front clip has been replaced with a unit from chassis engineering, the rear has been narrowed and leaf springs removed (all weight reduction), but the rearend is ford 9" (weight gain) with 4.11s and ladder bars with track locator. I'll track it sometimes, show it sometimes and cruise. By the way, when I got the motor it was supposed to be 10:1, but like I said when I pulled the heads and crossed the piston # the speedpro cat said 8.6:1 with .040 gasket. In time, I'd like some aluminum heads or actually go to a 383.