Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 355 SBC, would like Hp and TQ estimations.
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
And i believe, with your current cam, and the 63cc heads and 0.015 gasket your still at 8.9dcr which is likely still to high for pump....the good quench will help, and depending on what fuel you have access to......maybe.....but not the safest choice.

I have access to 93 fuel. Also, I'm going to work with my total timing more, maybe as low as 29 degrees and run the cooler AR103 spark plugs. If it doesn't fix the pre-det issue then I'm going to run the other higher CC heads along with the shim head gasket AND the 2 step higher cam with the IVC@.050" of 40.5 degrees which will quell the pre-detonation but raise my scr and my dcr. If I run the 62CC chamber heads with the same 1003 gasket (.041") then my squish will be even worse and counter productive to pre-det issues AS I'VE LEARNED THANKS TO YOUR ARTICLES RECOMMENDATIONS AND "TECHINSPECTOR1"! Unfortunately I am stuck with what I've got on hand except another cam option and I am trying to keep this car as much of a daily driver as possible and not have to run 2 degrees initial timing and lose the potential of the motor just because of pre-det and/or not enough money for fuel to run it. This is where I stand at this time but am open to plenty more information/opinions/expert advice on this matter. thanks again all.