35terraplane - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

35terraplane

Since I wasn't able to post to your respond to me.. I just wanted to let you know in front of the other members.. This young guy That you say only have jobs that you don't need to know how to read or do math.. Well I can say this much I was able to make up to $100,000 a year. And have over 25 trades Out in the easy world.. AND OWNED two of my own business. And was able to retire at the age of 39 years old.. Not to bad for a dumb A** that can't spell.. And I did have a job where I used ''MATH'' EVERYDAY..And What I do now.. Let's just say,, We won't even go there !!!!! So you can stick that In your pipe in smoke it..

And as far as caring about the younger kids of today.. I would like you to know, My youngest kid..(my little girl 15 years old) Holds a 4.0 average through out school. And is a Junior police officer, And also in the ROTC.. I would say that's someone that care's..Here's something to think about before you try in knock someone else.. Oh !!! Sir !! Take a really good look at her face... You really think for one min she care's what ''YOU'' have to say !!!!

And I really don't care if This thread get's close too... Had to get it off my chest !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	50430  

Advertisement

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 11-28-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

when someone starts judging others by their standards they loose any small amount of respect i might have for them. no one on this site has the right to judge. it just shows a very low self esteem or something lacking in their up bringing . to deliberately belittle someone like they did in that thread should get them banned from here. this is the only site i visit that has this problem. most of the members on those sites display a little class. too bad they didn't teach them a little class when they got all those degrees .

thanks for the thread big guy .....
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I am going to take total responsibility for this and the other thread that was closed on the subject...guess I shouldn't have brought it up. NI, reading your posts, you spell quite well, educated or not........True, spelling, math and grammar are not a measure of success, but getting your point across is important, which you do

The reason that I did bring it up, was that there are people on here that cannot get answers for their problems, probably because their posts are almost totally illegible......due to bad spelling and this so called netspeak.......there is a thread going on right now that this is very evident.

I dont think its so much that some people can't spell, its just that laziness sets in and they just cant be bothered. Meanwhile, the people that have answers for them, cant understand the questions.

I did not mean to come down on anyone for this, just pointing it out that if you want answers, you need to ask an intelligent question.......
Old 11-29-2010, 09:08 AM

Last photo:

This isn't about you poncho62.. And I do understand what your saying.. But don't start knocking a younger guy for it.. I have been here long enough to know what happens on here.. And sometimes was right in the middle of it..I have also seen where alot of times if a NEW old guy comes along and can't spell.. NOTHING is said about it.. But every time a 16 year old or a little older comes here,, They get cut down... Well guys.. I hate to tell you.. But ''WE'' should be helping these guys to do ''THIS'' hobby.. They are here for cars, Not school.. I came here And didn't even know how to spell one bit... And being on here ''EVERYDAY'' trying to help ''SOMEONE'' helped me learn how to spell a lot better... There is a old saying: Use it!!! or lose it !!!! And is very true.. I couldn't learn in school, So I quit and went to work.. Well My first job, While I was still in school was working in a field picking eggplants..Then I had a step dad that raised me from 7yrs old.. And didn't like me to much, He wanted my mom, But not her baggage !!! And beat the he** out of me every chance he could.. Well to make a long store short.. When I made 17yrs old. My mom got him to get me on with him.. He was doing diesel mechanic work for a company, He did do it.. And man I thought he was hard on me at home !!! That was nothing like he was at work.. Well let's just say after about of a year of this treatment... They fired him and gave ''ME'' his job.. Pay back is sweet sometimes.. Well today we still talk..But the hurt is still inside of me.. But I still Love him.. Because He was still a dad to me.. And every job since then was jobs where I didn't need spelling at all.. And boy did it take a toll on me..But I wasn't the kind of guy to say..Well this is it.. I kept pushing forward and did very well in my life... So now when I can,, I help others not to give up because they can't spell...It don't stop there.. Thats why I bring my cars to school EVERY YEAR NOW.. The first year I was only supposed to show in tell...Well when I got there,, The teacher asked if I would go inside the class in talk to the kids.. I wasn't prepared for that.. So something said : DO IT !!! Well it went from one class to about six in the last class.. We had My car covered up, One of the kids came up and said..What's under there ???? The teacher said : You don't need to worry what's under there,, YOU NEED TO GET IN THE CLASS, AND HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY !!!.. Well I think thats not to bad, FOR A DUMB A** THAT CAN'T SPELL... So I have to say.. You don't have to beat a guy up for it to help him..If you want to help someone use your heart..Not your ''BIG'' mouth's..Sorry so long.. But I really take this to heart..Remember God said: NO ONE ON EARTH IS PERFECT... But by the way some act here.. I'm sure some don't know about that here.. I have a saying in my profile..To help yourself, Use your head, To help others, Use your heart.. This is a saying, That some should learn to live by.... I can say this.. The hardest thing I had to face in my life wasn't the jobs at all... IT WAS SOME OLDER MEN !!! Now before you beat the he** out of the next one.. IN FRONT OF THE WORLD !! PM him in explain to him.. Don't run him off where you will never be able to have a chance to make a difference to his life... Instead Of trying to be the man at the top of the hill,, Get down at the bottom of the hill and help push another guy to the top..You will be much happier you did.. I'M DONE !!!

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 11-29-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
SPI Thug

Last photo:

ya need to get you one of these randy. it's a generic answer for those types. i wear my proudly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bite me.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	50440  
Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
ya need to get you one of these randy. it's a generic answer for those types. i wear my proudly.

Shine !!! You sure have a funny way of turning my into this .. Thanks..LOL.. Maybe I just care to much..
Old 11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,150 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is and why this is aimed at Terraplane. There was a discussion about spelling and how it is better if one can spell, can anyone really argue this? Was it a little hard on the new poster, yes.

But as far as the discussion, "generally speaking" one is better off in this world to be able to spell better. "Generally speaking", one is better off in this world to be educated. "Generally speaking" one is better off, even in a hands on trade like building cars or plumbing to be better educated.

I am one of those guys who didn't do well in school and have had to fight to overcome this throughout my adult life. I know one thing I sure wish I had known more about business when I was running mine!

To say this isn't attacking anyone, it is a concept that really can't be argued with. Do some people with a lack of education "make it" and run successful businesses and make money, yes of course they do. But that doesn't change the fact, the very real fact that by the odds we are better off with an education. That was the general theme of the thread, I don't see that it was that big of a deal.

Brian
Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I don't see what the big deal is and why this is aimed at Terraplane. There was a discussion about spelling and how it is better if one can spell, can anyone really argue this? Was it a little hard on the new poster, yes.

But as far as the discussion, "generally speaking" one is better off in this world to be able to spell better. "Generally speaking", one is better off in this world to be educated. "Generally speaking" one is better off, even in a hands on trade like building cars or plumbing to be better educated.

I am one of those guys who didn't do well in school and have had to fight to overcome this throughout my adult life. I know one thing I sure wish I had known more about business when I was running mine!

To say this isn't attacking anyone, it is a concept that really can't be argued with. Do some people with a lack of education "make it" and run successful businesses and make money, yes of course they do. But that doesn't change the fact, the very real fact that by the odds we are better off with an education. That was the general theme of the thread, I don't see that it was that big of a deal.

Brian

Brian !!! If I said the sky is blue, You wouldn't agree with me on that either.. So Like I said before and will keep saying it.. I KNOW WHERE WE STAND..

And as far as education goes.. YES it is a must !!!! But before you can change the younger kids.. Start with the ones above them, that is making these crazy rules in school.. It isn't the kids.. The kids today are the way they are because of everything man has made for them.. Just like the stupid LEAP test.. We have kids bring guns to school over a LEAP test.. What's wrong with that picture.. My son failed the LEAP test 3 Times.. And if I wasn't part of his life now.. He would have taking his life over it.. So be careful What you seem to ''NOT'' understand.. If you didn't see what WAS wrong with the thread and comments.. Well you really showed me something else about ''YOU''.. If you ''WANT'' to make a change in this world.. I think you need to start at the top, NOT THE BOTTOM.. Again If I had the chance to meet anyone in this world.. I would have to say it would be ''YOU'' !!!! Not really sure why I waste my time Trying to talk to ''YOU''..
Old 11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

To add to what Brian has said, I was one of those guys that figured 'car guys don't care about punctuation, spelling or clarity'. I was wrong. I didn't do much of any of this, also didn't get much help. I figured maybe they didn't like my user name. Then one of the guys posted a rant about using some respect and taking the time to write a decent thread that they didn't have to spend a lot of time deciphering. His theory: I'll take the same amount of time to read your post as it took you to write it. If I can't figure out what you are asking, I move on. And I believe this is addressed in our guidelines. It's all about respect, be respectful as possible when you ask a question, taking the time to be clear, and things will work out. This thread turned ugly quickly, it was a bit heavy, and IMO should have been shut down earlier. All in all, we're car guys, we like to help each other. I am all in favor of helping the young guys, maybe we need a 'gentle version 101' reminder to read the guidelines without pissing people off. It seems that very few people read our guidelines.

Now, we're going overboard by opening old wounds to attack the last person that pissed someone off by re-opening this useless thread. Ponch closed it for a reason, it was going nowhere, it was getting too personal, and a dead end street. We all understood the opinions of the posters, now we're beating a dead horse. Let's move on.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
SPI Thug

Last photo:

this isn't about education . it's about calling someone out on a public forum to ridicule them. period. don't like what they type don't read it but keep your pie hole closed. it's childish , immature and just plain rude. kids start with computers in the first grade so i'm sure they will be fine without the grammar police.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
It's all about respect, be respectful as possible when you ask a question,

I really think this can go both ways !!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
SPI Thug

Last photo:

so now the gestapo rules are if you cant spell you need to move on ? did not realize i was in the company of so many professors .
Old 11-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Last photo:

Shine.. some people just don't get it.. I see now why you told me I should leave.. Thanks.. That should make a lot happier..

Hope I spelled ''EVERYTHING'' right.. for the ones that need it..
Old 11-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,326 Times in 1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Brian !!! If I said the sky is blue, You wouldn't agree with me on that either.. So Like I said before and will keep saying it.. I KNOW WHERE WE STAND..

And as far as education goes.. YES it is a must !!!! But before you can change the younger kids.. Start with the ones above them, that is making these crazy rules in school.. It isn't the kids.. The kids today are the way they are because of everything man has made for them.. Just like the stupid LEAP test.. We have kids bring guns to school over a LEAP test.. What's wrong with that picture.. My son failed the LEAP test 3 Times.. And if I wasn't part of his life now.. He would have taking his life over it.. So be careful What you seem to ''NOT'' understand.. If you didn't see what WAS wrong with the thread and comments.. Well you really showed me something else about ''YOU''.. If you ''WANT'' to make a change in this world.. I think you need to start at the top, NOT THE BOTTOM.. Again If I had the chance to meet anyone in this world.. I would have to say it would be ''YOU'' !!!! Not really sure why I waste my time Trying to talk to ''YOU''..
Hey there, we agreed on the guide coat. And now we agree on this subject! No where did I say anything about who's fault it is, you have a passion about this and you are seeing something that isn't there! I COMPLETELY agree with every single word you said on WHO is at fault. Hell, I have a lot of passion too! What the hell are we teaching kids in highschool about Egypt or something like that when they don't teach them how to balance a check book invest for retirement!

And I am sorry but most of the comments made in that thread where about the NEED for education not pointing fingers at anyone for fault.

Brian
Old 11-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I really think this can go both ways !!!!
And it should go both ways. I am not condoning the lack of respect in some of the posts, just trying to explain why some people get so damm annoyed.

Quote:
so now the gestapo rules are if you cant spell you need to move on ? did not realize i was in the company of so many professors .
We had a discussion on "Gestapo Tactics" a while back in the mods forum. Basically boils down to folks that don't like the rules will roll out this description. We have few rules here, feel free to disagree, I don't think the secret internet police will be knocking on anyone's door.

Quote:
Shine.. some people just don't get it.. I see now why you told me I should leave.. Thanks.. That should make a lot happier..
How many times have you threatened to leave? Let the pity party begin. Randy, you have been a good member of this site, along with Shine, it must be some slow days in the shop for you guys to get this worked up over a thread that has gone nowhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.