35terraplane gets bad news - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

35terraplane gets bad news

Well the good news, I have not killed anyone yet. The bad, I can't stand or put weight on my left leg for another 3 weeks. Boy that sure is not a great spirt lifter. Then I will have to do PT for a couple of weeks, before they let me go. evil: So that's about 5 more weeks in here.

Now I get to cancel all my rooms I had for different rod runs. I have to cancel for BTT50's, which breaks my heart, I would have got to see so many people from around the country, and Canada.

Advertisement

Last edited by 35terraplane; 06-02-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

You hang in there Bob. There is always next year.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:05 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Dang-it Mego, I know that has to hurt especially the Car gatherings and friends and potential new friends. As the Texas Aggies always say "wait till next year!" but I know that's no consulation is it? Hand in there and keep on keeping on.

What time of day are you finished with the PT and stuff so I'll know the best time to call you?

Em
Old 06-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Last photo:

Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
Dang-it Mego, I know that has to hurt especially the Car gatherings and friends and potential new friends. As the Texas Aggies always say "wait till next year!" but I know that's no consulation is it? Hand in there and keep on keeping on.

What time of day are you finished with the PT and stuff so I'll know the best time to call you?

Em
Thanks Em, I'm done with PT at 4 PM, unless I feel like doing more, but most of the time I'm right here cussing at this laptop. I kept loosing the screen, when my wife tells me if you leave the arrow head on something too long it will go to it. I said who the hell gives it the right to go to something I don't want? The people that make these gadgets want to control your life, computers that go where they want, cell phones that track yor every move, the sad part, we put up with it.

I'm here sitting in this chair that is killing my bottom. I'm lucky I only have 5 weeks to go, I'm sure there are people worse off than me, but it still sucks.

Bob
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Last photo:

Called at 5pm Texas time and got your secretary - - - I'll call back in a little bit. Happy Trails Theater is on so I've got one ear on the tube - - hahahaha
Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM

Last photo:

Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1silverhawk
You hang in there Bob. There is always next year.
Yes there is always next year, but when it's the best show in the country,IMO it's hard to miss one, 12,000 cars, 64 and older, oh well I guess there's next year.

Bob
Old 06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

By gawd you still know how to drive! rent a scooter or a golf cart and got to the BTTF show and get a little sunshine, and as my Mom used to say to us kids, "Git outside and blow some of the stink off you"! Wheelchair to the car, wheelchair to the golf cart, git er dun!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM

Last photo:

Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
By gawd you still know how to drive! rent a scooter or a golf cart and got to the BTTF show and get a little sunshine, and as my Mom used to say to us kids, "Git outside and blow some of the stink off you"! Wheelchair to the car, wheelchair to the golf cart, git er dun!
Dinger, Boy if I could I would, But if I go I loose my plush digs,(you can tell I have been here too long.) that's the rules, they only have 32 beds. I had a cart rented, but when I got the good news, I just called and gave it up along with the room, rather than hold on to it with the hope that I might get out of here, this way it's a done deal, there is no way I will get a room now, so I just think of what could of been, a little more fun, than sitting in a room looking at a wall 4 feet in front of me.

I just got off the phone with Ratchet, it was good to talk to someone that likes cars and people. All the guys in my club have gone some where, a bunch went to the GoodGuys, and who knows where, but it is our time of year to cruise, have to make use of it. So Em and I solved most of the world problems, so the rest of you can rest easy.

Bob

Last edited by 35terraplane; 06-02-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: add,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Hang in there Mr.Bob... I know how you feel.. If your anything like me.. I hate not being able to do things.. If I had to stay in a bed are chair that long... It would kill me.. They would have to strap me to that room..I can't do it either... Hang in there my friend.. It will be over soon.. Take care in try to enjoy the time off... I know !!!! It's hard..

If I had the c-cab Done, I would sneak in, And put you in the back, Then we would be off to the show's...LOL..

Not to sure we would be able to sneak away from the hospital..
Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 AM

Last photo:

LOL, for some reason, I can't imagine Randy and Bob
doing anything or going anywhere UNNOTICED
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Last photo:

Bad News

If I had the c-cab Done, I would sneak in, And put you in the back, Then we would be off to the show's...LOL..

Randy, You forget where I am, I have been sitting for 6 months because we had snow up to our butts, and temps down as low as -35. I didn't turn the heat up in my shop trying to save a little. Wish I would have now as I have to have my car ready by this fall to get painted, and I have been on the list for a year, would hate to loose my spot. I will have to get up to your speed Randy, is there anything special you eat.LOL I might be a wee bit old to go at your speed.

I would be proud too go to a show in the C-Cab. But like Ratchet said I don't think the two of us could sneak into anything, There will be close to 12,000 cars at BTT50's, and if they didn't see us they sure would notice the C-Cab.

At the very first NSRA Street rod Nats, our club won a c-cab model T basket case. So the guys brought it home, someone came up with the idea that we build it and give it away at the next nats. Rod and custom did a story on it every month with the progress of the build and how much we had spent. At the end the person that was closest to how much we spent won the C-Cab
It was under $300.00. So if you brought a C-Cab to the 50's people would notice for sure, because we built the 1st give away rod for NSRA.
The one we built is still driven, and owned by the guy that won it. So Randy I would love to go to some shows in it, but I don't think we could sneak anywhere. But I bet we could have a ball.

Bob
Old 06-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane

Randy, You forget where I am, I have been sitting for 6 months because we had snow up to our butts, and temps down as low as -35. I didn't turn the heat up in my shop trying to save a little. Wish I would have now as I have to have my car ready by this fall to get painted, and I have been on the list for a year, would hate to loose my spot. I will have to get up to your speed Randy, is there anything special you eat.LOL I might be a wee bit old to go at your speed.

I would be proud too go to a show in the C-Cab. But like Ratchet said I don't think the two of us could sneak into anything, There will be close to 12,000 cars at BTT50's, and if they didn't see us they sure would notice the C-Cab.

At the very first NSRA Street rod Nats, our club won a c-cab model T basket case. So the guys brought it home, someone came up with the idea that we build it and give it away at the next nats. Rod and custom did a story on it every month with the progress of the build and how much we had spent. At the end the person that was closest to how much we spent won the C-Cab
It was under $300.00. So if you brought a C-Cab to the 50's people would notice for sure, because we built the 1st give away rod for NSRA.
The one we built is still driven, and owned by the guy that won it. So Randy I would love to go to some shows in it, but I don't think we could sneak anywhere. But I bet we could have a ball.

Bob

Then that did it !!!!! I'm going to paint it to look like a ambulance... Then we make get to sneak you out.. Time to break out my white coat..

It's all starting to look like a plan.... They won't put me in jail if we get caught... I'm already legally crazy..
Old 06-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Last photo:

Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Then that did it !!!!! I'm going to paint it to look like a ambulance... Then we make get to sneak you out.. Time to break out my white coat..

It's all starting to look like a plan.... They won't put me in jail if we get caught... I'm already legally crazy..
Randy You don't have to paint it white, just have a Cross on each side. A candy or something would look kool, For an ambulance or a hot rod, the plan sounds good. Should I start packing.

Bob
Old 06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Then that did it !!!!! I'm going to paint it to look like a ambulance...

That really isn't a bad idea! It could be a damn cool ambulance.

Brian
Old 06-03-2011, 03:39 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
That really isn't a bad idea! It could be a damn cool ambulance.

Brian
On a somewhat related note, I caught this at the Auto Club Speedway this past Monday...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.