35terraplane "HE'S BACK" - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Amigo, I still don't know what you told the missus about those claw marks I made on the dash - - - - guess you noticed that I drove the rest of the time we were there, didn't you?

Randy, looks like I'm gonna have to put the mothballs back in my uniform 'cause it's not looking good for us to make it to Minnehaha this year. The missus is being tested for hypoparathyroid disease and she barely can stand the 2.5 hour trips in the car to the Doctor's office. I need to call Bob but have been busier than a ?well you know? - - - just taking care of her and the place. Ah to be 20 years younger but that would mean Clinton had just taken office wouldn't it? Sure don't wanna go there again.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane View Post
Well I finially feel like getting back on here. I was one sick puppy as those that had followed WR's thread. Thank you WR for the thread, and keeping my wife on the ground, along with Dave and Randy.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes from everyone,I would name names but sure as hell I would miss someone.

I'm still in the care center, doing PT, and Ot twice a day 7days a week. It's getting to be a little much for these old tired bones, so I will take sundays off. With the new laws if you hit a level and are not showing any progress before they would kick you out now they can't, so you can rest-up, catch your breath, then start again until you reach your goal. Mine is to drive again.

Well that,s it for now glad to be back and I hope like hell I stay here.

Bob
Welcome back Bob!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

I don't surf this section often, but when I do....

It's to post in a happy thread like this!!

The Back to the 50's show is in June 21-23rd. I gotta be there with all 'o you "youngsters".
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM

Last photo:

Jay you come and you will have the time of your life. If you need a room let me know, If you are coming for more than one day, Reg. your 34 even if you don't bring it as you can walk in and out as you please. Go to the M.S.R.A. websitr and copy the reg. page.

Bob
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,093 Posts
Welcome back Bob. It looks to me like prayers have been answered.

John L
Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 AM

Last photo:

Thanks guys good to be back and not pushing up grass.

Bob
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Last photo:

Glad to hear things are better

Glad you are feeling better Bob. I don't think you need to be worried about pushing up grass, at least if an old cajun buddy of mine is correct.
His son was worried about him after several health issues hospitalized him. He told his son, "Boy, Don't you be worrying about me, you CAN'T KILL BAD GRASS.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I spent an hour on the phone with Bob on Monday eve. Sounds like he has been making a real pest of himself and may get evicted from the hospital soon (just yanking yer chain, Bob!) Actually, he seems to be progressing to where they can send him home soon.

He and I had a LONG chat about diabetes which he has had for years - I was just diagnosed a month ago, so he gave me "what fer" about sticking to diet plans, and always testing, testing, and more testing so that I don't let it get into the complications stage like he has been facing. He also spun a very persuasive tale about wanting me to show up at BTT50's, and how the show had 12,000 cars for it out last year. He seems to think I'll have my '57 back on the road (if no interior done yet) by June. Hmmmmmm.....

Karen made the mistake of getting him a new laptop for use while he is being "imprisoned" and he has been looking at a possible new ride for "Back to the 50's" .

All in all - he is upbeat and sounding positive
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave57210 For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (02-28-2013)
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM

Last journal entry: Test Entry
Last photo:

Great news about Bob!

Dave keep your head up, you'll beat this any way you can!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
I spent an hour on the phone with Bob on Monday eve. Sounds like he has been making a real pest of himself and may get evicted from the hospital soon (just yanking yer chain, Bob!) Actually, he seems to be progressing to where they can send him home soon.

He and I had a LONG chat about diabetes which he has had for years - I was just diagnosed a month ago, so he gave me "what fer" about sticking to diet plans, and always testing, testing, and more testing so that I don't let it get into the complications stage like he has been facing. He also spun a very persuasive tale about wanting me to show up at BTT50's, and how the show had 12,000 cars for it out last year. He seems to think I'll have my '57 back on the road (if no interior done yet) by June. Hmmmmmm.....

Karen made the mistake of getting him a new laptop for use while he is being "imprisoned" and he has been looking at a possible new ride for "Back to the 50's" .

All in all - he is upbeat and sounding positive
Thanks for the update,,, I been flying around so fast I forgot where I live...

You need to take care of yourself as well Mr.Dave... I lost a best friend in his 30's because of diabetes, He died in his son's arms...(My god child). Wouldn't want to lost another one of my FRIENDS..
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,093 Posts
Great news indeed. Keep us posted.

John L
Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

WR !!!!! get your suit's ready !!!!! I think we need to go get two of our friends,,, I'll get the car all warmed up !!!!!! Bring a extra one of them WHITE suit's...We might just need it !!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Randy, looks like I'll be there "in spirit only" with all that's going on around here.

HOWEVER, I did talk with Bob yesterday for over an hour and we probably sounded like a couple of old church ladies on the telephone 'cause we talked about everything but mostly fishing. If I didn't know better I'd think that 'ol Bob liked to wet a line or two - - - not only does he love it but his knowledge of the sport is awesome. Don't anyone tell him I said this cause he'll get the big head yanno

L8tr Y'all,
Em
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
If I didn't know better I'd think that 'ol Bob liked to wet a line or two - - - not only does he love it but his knowledge of the sport is awesome. Don't anyone tell him I said this cause he'll get the big head yanno

L8tr Y'all,
Em
Loves to wet his whistle from time to time as well as wetting a line on occasion!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Last photo:

Bob

Keep at it, one day at a time and you'll make your goal. Im not a diabetic etc but I have Cerebral Palsy and have a lot of similar symptoms to what you had. I've had physical therapy every week of my life for 26 years (I started when I was 4) except for when I was in surgery (and Ive had a lot of em to boot). Occupational therapy was for 12 years (stopped around 16y/o). I work for a company that builds for speeds, and with my bum leg I cant even drive one anymore.

My point? If I can do it, and keep an I on my goals and my health...ANYONE can. You can do this, don't get frustrated, don't get down. Just one day at a time and keep your eye on the prize.

Keep an eye on your diet though; cruise season for me means a lot of hot dogs and french fries. I shouldn't be doing it LOL.

If you ever have a question about therapy or things like 'hip flexion', 'dysplasia' etc...please ask, I'll get you an answer ASAP either from my surgeon (I have his cellphone number, I figure I paid for his Porsche and kids college, the least he can do is buy me a beer) or my Physical Therapist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.