Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 36 Ford Coupe Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 08:02 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

dhinrichs47,

I would agree with trees-I am building a '35 (same Frame '35-'40). The best deal I've seen for Frames without a doubt would be at Heinzman's Street Rods in Phillips, NE (about a 3-350 mile drive from you). They offer a Frame exchange Program, where they will build an original (they have a lot of original Frames in stock, in unbelieveable condition-where do they get them?), and will build it any way you want it. They also build new Frames-check 'em out, they are nice folks, and are very customer oriented.

My Frame has a Heidt's tubular IFS, and a Pete and Jakes four-bar (you can see it in my Journal). I am going to run a BBC, so I recently put in a 5" setback Firewall and Floorboard kit for room in the engine compartment (the engine is setback 2"). Other than some type of possible Firewall modification, if you are not going to narrow the rear for wider tires, there isn't really many other modifications needed.

I go to Denver frequently, so if you should need any help please PM me-I might know where some '36 parts are if you should need 'em-