Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 36 Ford Pickup on a Ford Ranger Frame?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:53 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

hay I am in the middle of restoring my 36 pickup

I took the original frame from the 36 ford and put a mustang II front suspention rack and pinion and all that then took an 8.8 rear end from a lincoln and put in it then I bought some 5 lug roaters form speedway mag so the front and back would have the same lug pattern. but I welded and fabricated most of the new brackets I am sure you could do the same. I also built new motor mounts for a 289ci and a c6 tranny out of a 67' galaxie. It is all coming to gether smoothly the Only Hickup I had was the ride highth is the rear and that was fixed by sortening the coial springs that came with the rear end. but like I said I would Be easy to do the same for yours. and to fix the frame all you have to do is notch it were you are replacing the old rusted peices in a v grooves or fish grooves so the slip to gether and weld them up this will help keep the frame strong and keep it from cracking next to the weld bead.