Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 36 Ford Pickup on a Ford Ranger Frame?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 12:16 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The Ford Ranger frame is best suited to the Bonus Builts (48-52 Ford pick-up). There is a 1" to 1 1/2" difference in the position of the front wheels. I believe the fiberglass body was made to compensate for this. I looked at the ranger frame when I was ready to do the swap on my 52 Ford pick-up. After seeing that the frame was unique to itself, and no other Ford parts will bolt up to it, I walked away from it. I later opted for an S-10 swap. No, the S-10 won't be a good swap for a 35 either. Look for a good 35-40 car or truck frame, and go from there. If you want IFS, power steering, and power disc brakes then you'll have to spend some money on an IFS system from a manufacturer or cheap out and get one from a donor car. There are a couple of dozen magazines out there that cater to the 30's pick-ups. If you still want to do a frame swap then check out my website and you can see how much work is involved.

www.geocities.com/lakota_circle_dancer/swap1