Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 36 Ford Truck steering column length suggestions please
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 AM
go Go GO!

Wiki Edits: 0

36 Ford Truck steering column length suggestions please

New member here. My pop has been a street rodder from the age of 13 - so that's over 60 years now. His love of cars rubbed off on me, but my old cars are pretty stock except for performance upgrades.

I'm helping dad finish up his 36 Ford Truck street rod. It's got a MII front, steel cab, not chopped but the firewall has a 2" setback, Chevy 350, TH350, floor shift.

Right now I am shopping tilt steering columns and would appreciate suggestions for overall tilt column length and drop height. The u-joint will be looking for a 1" 48 spline output from the column. So, if any of you have experience with the 35/36 truck and can make suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it. Dad's not doing great, and we'd love to get this truck done soon.

Also, if I decide to put the ignition cylinder in the dash and not on the column (to save some $), will we screw up the Ron Francis wiring kit currently installed (for steering column ignition)?

If you need pictures or more info about this build please let me know.

Thanks!