Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '36 Hudson Terraplane Front Suspension Question
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:05 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

36 Terraplane

Wayne I go by 35terraplane. I put a Toyota P/U front end in my 35 Terraplane, it was really quite easy. First I stripped every thing off of the Terraplane, after taking all the measurements off the 35 frame I had the fenders on it and axle and wheel, I checked it from several points, both sides so I knew Where the center of the hub was. I checked it from the front and also from the center of the front hub to the center of the back hub. After I had checked both sides every which way but upside down, I took the 35 apart until all I had left was the frame and the cross member. Then I found the center of the cross member of the P/U cross member, now this is the hard part, if when you set your new crossmember under your 36 frame, where the 36 hub center is the same as your P/U hub center is, and the frame of your 36 is still sitting on the cross member of the P/u it should work the same as what I did on my 35. What I did is cut the P/U cross member so the frame of the Terraplane would slide into the cross member, I just slid the cross member back until I had the right wheel base, took a piece of 1/4" steel, put it under the frame rails, that went all the way across then 1/4" steel on both sides of the frame rail and welded it up the wheel base was perfect they had no problem when they put it on the wheel rack drives like a champ. If you read this I do Have pictures I can send. You do know that fatman makes a mustang kit for a 36, I do not know if your frame is the same as mine or not I think it might not be the same but not sure. And it is hard to explain when you are not looking at it. So get a hold of me before you cut your feet off.

Later 35terraplane