View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Registered Looser

Last journal entry: Background: why I am here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

360 Magnum build

OK first post here, go easy on me...

Picking up my first mopar project car on christmas day, a '71 Scamp. Fell in love with one in a parking lot on Saturday, found one on eGay Sunday morning and won the auction Sunday afternoon after a few phone calls with the seller - nice guy. There is minimal cancer and luckily a good friend is an old-time (read lead) bodyman so we will make short work of the skin job.

The car comes with a running 318 in it and a built 904 behind it, AND a prepped .030 over 360 magnum block, balanced rotating assy (crank, flat top sealed power pistons and rods aldo not installed,) 360 heads (not sure which #,) new Perf RPM Air-Gap intake, windage tray, a spare Dana 60 A-body rear with posi 3rd member and a whole bunch of other stuff - his loss was my gain; and I know that pain... The car has new x-pipe exhaust installed and 340hp factory exhaust manifolds on the 318, seems he was going for a higher-output build

Anyhow, he is throwing in a 284 purple cam (4120235) pullout, not sure I will run it, but I am considering a medium performance street/strip build. Can anyone offer any advice on the mopar cams? I almost feel more comfortable with the 268/284 (4452783) cam on a 115 LC degree'd-in but haven't decided how to go - probably want power brakes either way.

Supposedly the 904 is built and I will probably throw the Dayna 60 in there with 3.55s and stuff the fenders with as much rubber as thy can hold or tub the sucker, not sure there either.

This will be a once-in-a-while driver (read I didn't really need this car) but I want it to be fun and slightly less than practical I will probably keep the Air-Gap intake and go EFI with the POWERJECTION III from Retrotek - or put the PJ3 on my truck and the 600CFM AFB on the Scamp - not sure there either.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for reading and here's a pic for those who like pics

Last edited by octanejunkie; 12-21-2009 at 07:23 AM.