View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Registered Looser

Last journal entry: Background: why I am here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
Sounds like a fun project.....the only thing I would suggest is to tell him to keep the USED cam.
I hear ya, and on first instinct I agree. I did move a cam from one motor to another after proper break in and seasoning once upon a time we will see in the long run how that holds up I wasn't planning on it for this build though but I do what to see what that cam looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineczar
...using the most accurate wheel offsets we could calculate we were still only able to wedge a 9" wide tire in there.

Is the 360 a magnum or an earlier LA style 360?
I am considering tubbing it, depends what I decide to do with the car after I go over it completely. The 360 is a .030 over 1999 magnum, hot tanked & decked, with new cam bearings installed

Thanks F-Bird '88 for the "build sheet" - the heads will get checked and if good will get treated to an in/out bead blast and a freshen-up of the valve seats and guides as required and new springs to match whatever cam I run. Will see what comp ratio I get with the supplied new FT forged pistons before I ink anything.

For fuel delivery I was thinking about the 1000cfm P3+ from Retrotek (www.retrotekspeed.com) with spark control when it comes out in Feb '10 rather than the 4-bbl AFB that is on there now.

The car currently has an 8-3/4" rear end, prob non-posi, but I am getting an A body Dayna 60 with posi 3rd member, perhaps it will get built and go in vs. the chrysler unit, but i was thinking 3.55s for more street-friendly gears and a slightly lower stall speed

The car also currently has 340 exhaust manifolds and x-over dual exhaust and stock, not sure what I am doing there yet either. It comes with new tires on the stock rims so I'll keep those for running around town and rolling it while I build it and decide what the final rim size/style will be - I would like 10" or bigger in the rear and will consider tubbing it