Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 366 /427 chevy truck motors
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Horsepower Enthusiast

Last journal entry: Finished BMOD001FH
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x6er
Thanks for the great info, I never new about the spacer deal. If I were to find a set of heads similar to what you had mentioned, would it make sense to install blower as long as it could be limited to approximately 7# boost. Just wondering if the engine internalls could take the extra pressure. By reading what you two have wrote, it looks like these engines can take it as long as the RPM's are kept lower. I like the idea of the blower, seems to make sense for power and dollars. Still seems like a lot of figurin though?
A blower is never a bad Idea, just make sure you do your homework, you are right about limiting the boost, detonation is more likely on BBC's and they don't like it when you retard the timing.

I know that you said that you already have the 366T but since you already have it, open chamber heads like the 049 castings will leave your compression low and then if you add the blower you should see some gains. But if you just add the open chamber heads you may actually hurt your power by lowering your compression.

As far as internals go it all depends on what you have in there, some tall decks came with 4 bolt mains and forged cranks, you kind of have to get in there and see for your self.