Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 37 Chev with Mustang II Alignment Question
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,169 Times in 1,031 Posts
There you go, you need to move the strut/locator bar forward to increase the caster. Now, how you will go about that is another story. I have found many times in the past that the hole the bushings are in at the front is bent back pushing the rod back a little, we are usually talking a half of a degree so that isn't going to be the case here. But how about what those bars are mounted to, is it bolted in or is it welded in? what about the crossmember it's self, is it bolted on? Maybe it could be tilted back?

This brings back memories of a Model A sedan I was collecting parts for but never built, I had a Mustang II front crossmember I had cut out myself to install in it. But I never built it, damn I wish I had that body now, it was real nice.

Anyway, making that bar pull the wheel forward can get you quite a bit but depending how much and where it's at now you can also bind the bushings up trying to get too much. I just called my supplier and it doesn't seem that there is any offset upper control arm shafts or adjustable strut/locator bars.

If you post some photos of where the upper control arm shaft mounts and the strut/locator bar maybe we can put our heads together and come up with something.

You do have a little positive camber, I forget how that upper control arm shaft mounts on the back side or outside of the rail but could that rear inner be brought in to get the caster?

Brian