Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 37 Chev with Mustang II Alignment Question
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Many thanks to all for the help and ideas. To a new member you sure showed the resources that are available on this forum. I will jack it up while on the lift and get the front tires off and see about getting some reference measurements. My initial thought when told of the caster situation was to get a set of adjustable upper A Arms. I have seen several of them advertised. The fact that this car was built over 8 years ago and has been driven over 9,000 miles leads me to believe that maybe I don't need to go as far as replacing the whole front end. No doubt I want to get it right without a bubba type fix.

I don't think it has lowered spindles, but the upper A Arm is above the frame just not enough! I will also check all the welds and look for possible frame issues. I think the frame on this old 37 is thicker than the one in my 55.

Again many thanks to all for your comments and help. I will keep you posted on what I find.

Regards,
Unk