Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 37 Chev with Mustang II Alignment Question
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Many of them do have adjustments. The point is, this car has no caster, something is wrong with it. So the arm may be mounted too far back to begin with, moving it forward only puts it where it belongs (possibly). There are only two ways this caster is off so far, one that upper mount is leaning forward or twisted in someway that is moving the front of the upper control arm in or the back of the upper control arm out, OR this strut/locator is mounted too far forward.

This is why I say to be sure you aren't binding the inner lower bushing on the control arm, until that is investigated there is nothing much to talk about. Because if moving it forward is going to bind it, something else needs to be done.

That bar keeps the ball joint end of the control arm from moving forward or rearward, it has very very little to do with the geometry. It locates the ball joint, that is about it. That ball joint IS too far back, or the upper one is to far forward, so it isn't right now.

Brian
Show me one that is ajustable... If you draw a line right down the center of the crossmember the ball joints should be on this line.. Moving the BOTTOM arm off this line isn't right.. I still would like to see one that is ajustable..

You need to keep this all in line..