Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 37 Chev with Mustang II Alignment Question
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I aree with some of it... But not with moving the bottom ball joint... I would first check them to make sure they are in lin.. Then once I see that it's ok.. I then would do a lot of measurements.. I think becuse of the different frame then the mustang frame.. Where it's hitting on that upper corner,, I would cut that corner out and add in a half pipe or something to give it the room it need's.. But ONLY if I didn't find anything else wrong.. Giving this spot some room to clear the frame might be all it needs..

As far as that a-arm being only for coilovers.. It has a lot to do with a smaller top hat.. I don't remember the measurements off the top of my head,, But some also shim the top arm up some also.. There's a measurement that you can stay with end to work.. I will have to try in find it.. I think I seen it on the paper work when I installed the Mustang II on my 50 chevy coupe..

Again.. I would check this thing from top to bottom before I made a move..

Plus on these frontends.. The slot's on top need to be opened up some..(More slot..)

Very hard sometimes to fix something you can't see first hand.. A few Mins under the car And Might just slap you in the face..

What could have happen also when they installed this front end.. They could have Moved the top hats in to far.. So many different things could be the problem.. But the first thing I would do.. Is check the bottom a-arms to make sure they are in line.. Then work for there..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 12-01-2012 at 08:53 PM.