Sorry for so long to provide an update. Had car in Cavalcade of Customs and wife had surgery so not much time in the garage. I finally got the front wheels off and it was obvious that the problem is that the cross member when welded into the frame was too low to allow proper adjustment of the rear of the upper control arm shaft. These photos show the amount that the control arm shaft is cocked to get the camber adjusted and it causes the caster to be off. You can see the adjustment slot in the front and the slot is covered with the cross shaft in the rear. The lower A Arms are level across the car and are in the center of the cross member. It does not look like the lower arms are out of position.
I really didn't want to cut the cross member out and start over as I would probably have to pull engine etc. In looking at alternatives, I found that tubular upper A Arms have much smaller diameter housings for the bushings. The stock A Arm flange has a radius of around 1.25" where it is hitting the frame. The tubular A Arm has a radius of .800". The height of the frame to the centerline of the cross shaft is around .750".
New Tubular A Arms arrived today and my plan is to tear apart the front end, put new bushings etc in existing lower support arm, and make a small recess in the frame to clear the A Arm when it is at the inside end of the adjustment slot. I will weld in additional steel to make certain the new recess does not affect strength of the frame, it won't take much of a recess compared to what would be needed for the stock A Arms. I estimated that to use the stock A Arms would require a recess of a minimum of .75" while the tubular A Arms will only require about .25" depth and much less in length across the top of frame section.
I will give an update when I get it all done, will take my time to make it all look good as well. Thanks again for everyones help in getting this thing sorted out.