Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 373 1539
Thread: 373 1539
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Old'n'young

Wiki Edits: 0

373 1539

hey guys i havent been on for awhile. I recently bought a truck though. Its a sixty eight chevy cheyeene super sport with a muncie four speed. I really like it. Anyways the guy I bought it from said the motor was a 350. Well I knew that wasnt the real deal cause it had the rectangles on the heads with the the single point. i know thats a power pack head.

Well I pulled the valve covers and the numbers are the same and their both 3731539. The engine has a point distributorand also a blow off valve behind the ditributor. The engine block cast is the same as the head. The thing that gets me is that the suffix code. its T225D and that doesnt make any sense to me.

So if any one has any info please let me know. Im pulling the motor out this week to rebuild it. It runs like a top, but I would really like to go through it. Its pretty neat, the oil filter is in a metal canister and the oil plug is in front of the oil pan not on the sides. It has the ram horn headers too. I dont know if this engine is great for performance, so just let me know what you think.

oh and something else, the carburator on it is a holley but looks like a elderbrok or a carter. I have never scene before. Thanks.