Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 377 sbc in a truck
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 06:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You would be taking on a major project to try to stroke that 400 block to 434 or 427. There are a few issues with doing that with a GM block. I am not going to get into all that.

I agree a 377 might not be the best choice, but if that's what you have lets try to make it work.

If you are mainly concerned with performance, go with the 4.11's and 3000-3300 stall.

Why in the world would someone put a stock cam in a 377? (with Brodix heads),(nevermind).

Get a good solid flat tappet cam (need to know the weight, gears, intake, compression ratio, etc..) to make a suggestion.

I would go with a Vic Jr. with an open spacer, (you are going to have to spin this thing), if you want torque you should have built a 383 or 400, since you didn't use the engine for what it is best at.

Now that you will have more power than you know what to do with, how are you going to get that power to the ground? All the power in the world will do you no good if you can't hook.

Royce