Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 377 sbc in a truck
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 09:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If your truck is down to 2800lbs I would be shocked, unless you have some fiberglass and have removed all excess weight. For an example a typical street Camaro weighs 3500lbs (talking 67-73).

You have to decide how much you want to spend and which direction you want to go. Once you know that then ask specific questions and you will get some great advice from the guys around here.

The reason I say that is: It takes a lot of research (time) to look up cam specs, compression ratios, what if this? what if that? So at least know what you want to do, so guys don't waste time giving you advice and then you decide you are going to build something else. Don't take this the wrong way, we are all here because we like talking about cars and helping each other out.

Once you know which engine you want to build (unless that is now the question), let us know and I'm sure you will get plenty of advice.

Personally if money is an issue, then keep the parts you have and make them work. If money is not an issue then build the larger engine. I know one thing for sure a running slightly smaller engine will beat a big engine that is still sitting on the stand because you don't have money to finish it.

Throw a cam in that 377 and a single plane intake, enjoy it for a while. For under $600 you can be out creating havoc. If it don't reach your goal (What is your goal?), you could always put a little juice to it.

Royce