Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '38 chev rear axle replacement
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 AM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dave, I was thinking the same thing about the originality of it. I have been looking for a turn key rod or at least a project well along but didn't find anything that met my goals. I did find a couple that were close but I couldn't afford the 27-30k price tag...

I will most likely keep all the original drive train parts on the shelf. Many of the mods necessary to rod it can be had as bolt on.

I have ample room to store stuff but I need to purge a lot of what's here now to make room. I will be working on a '67 GTO basket case over the winter to sell as a roller next spring. I also have a '69 GMC K10 that will get sold and all the extra parts I have to convert it to a Chev. Those 2 vehicles and all related parts take up the area of a 3 car garage.

I'm leaving here in about 45 minutes to go look at and, hopefully, bring the '38 home from TN. If it's not what the owner described or the pics show, I will drag an empty trailer back with me.