Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 38 year old paint unbelievably tough! Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 08:55 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Well fellows I'm familiar with all your suggestions, stripping, blasting, sanding...I was hoping sombody knew a trick for 38 year old laquer like spray a coat of snake oil on it to soften it up or something.

I figured it was going to come down to elbow grease. I'm definately going to bare metal. Thats the only way to see whats underneath.

Major Dad, you have just finished going down the road I'm starting on and your Chevelle looks nice! I also need full length floor pans, (ordered from OPG tonight) all three trunk panels with braces and gas tank supports, metal under the tail lights, etc. I've been replacing all the rust that you can't get replacement panels for (around the windows, in the door jams, bottom side of the firewall. If this wasn't the same Chevelle I owned in high school I wouldn't be doing it. But...a few years from now...ye haw!You wouldn't have a spare set of front bucket seats or a windshield would ya?

Thanks