383 bog - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
More for Less Racer

Wiki Edits: 0

Ouch!
I feel for you, been through all the same things after an freak accident(jumpy dog), two days AFTER a cornea tranplant, which broke the stitches and the pupil constricter muscle. The non-dialating pupilary muscle is the worst thing left, a real bother on bright sunny days. I was just glad they could save the eye.
Hang in there

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 11:35 PM

Last photo:

Sorry to hear about your accident. A few years ago I got nailed in the eye by some piece of something I wasn't even doing anything and it tore the white, it was red, and white, and was my 'good eye'. Bad eye? Well, it's all good really, but for the 'spot'. Flourescene? angiogram, retina pics, tests tests and tests bla bla bla and notta. Probably brain or nerve damage Was in a motorcycle wreck, and car wreck same year. It's been that way for like 25 years, and only noticeable when say look at an LED, just above and left of center and it disappears. I wear glasses when I go out of the house because I never want an eye issue again, and as you can affirm, it only takes a second. One more eye deal. A buddy I grew up with, his sister stuck a screwdriver in his eye when he was like 7. He's 52 now, and has the cat eye, or snake eye. His pupil is not round but like this () and pointy top and bottom, he has no eye or vision problems to date. Hope you come out OK. Sorry for the blabber.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 PM

383 bog

Thanks for the support. It's easy to be overwhelmed by a car problem and take things for granted-especially safety. I drilled a hole in the screwdriver and it now hangs from my mirror as reminder. My son replaced my converter with a 3000 stall. It revs so quickly there is no bog. But I know it's not right. We borrowed an O2 sensor and installed it in the exhaust. At idle in gear it reads 11.5; at 2000 it's 13.1. The stock jetting is back in.Also;after talking to the tech at MSD I found out that there is a vac fitting on the bottom of the dist. If you don't know where to look you'd never see it. After hooking it up I was able to set the timing properly. Without that; the dist. was only showing mechanical, and no vac. Much better! Any ideas on the O2 settings?

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.