Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 cam change internal clearance questions
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9 View Post
I have 200K race cars dropped off at my shop and they get treated exactly the same as a guy with a rusted out Camaro. Both car's get the same quality work and both customers are treated with respect. As far as gear work... There is NO way I could spend 3K for diff work on that car. Way out of hand..

If the OP has some mechanical knowledge and some patience he can do it and try and save some money.
The 3k more is the value added to the price the car will fetch with documented rebuild of rear. Not what it cost to get done. If you have had few vettes then you know what it can cost to buy a new rear if the old one is wasted from neglect and will ponny up some more bucks if your buyng it for a known problem solved. I paid extra for my car for the same reason and i plan to back half and 9 inch, the car at some point.

I agree with you. Just think getting it done at the shop has some good points as well.

In my area shops are happy to offer the sucker price. My wife took her deville in for brakes and the shop called said it needed rotors which it did need the one. I had already looked at it. They said it needed all four and they were special rotors cause its a caddy and the cost 189 each. While i was talking to the guy i hit rockauto.com and looked up the rotors bendix 29 bucks and 12 bucks for rear. Price seems right since they fit most big gm vehicles. These breaks are on freakin everything. I was upset and they offered to lower the rotors cost to 40 bucks each after saying the price on the net was wrong. I picked up the car and had to call in a favor to get them swap by a freind since i had to get on the road. If you were in md i would take my car to you for the big jobs i dont want to take on.