Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 chev crate motor wanted
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 09:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Guys,
Thanx for the quick response. There are two on this list that I did not know about. I will call them tomorrow.
I looking for a stronger engine than any of the small block GM engines. My goal is 470-475 horse power. I also want to customize the package a bit with a hyd roller cam and a pete jackson gear drive. There is no flexibility with Mr Goodwrench.
If there are any more sources any info, appreciated.
FYI, I talked with Richard McClure from McClure Racing out of Dallas and he can deliver exactly what I want, but was reluctant to provide me with references. I work really hard to earn $5000 for a new engine, so I am hesitant to go with him. He said "he would see what he could do to provide some names.
I paint motorcycles for a living almost exclusively via internet and out of state refferals. if some wants a reference from me I will give a bunch from different parts of the country without hesitation........was I asking too much? Thanx again, Bob Myers, SD