Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 driving me crazy, help with tuning issues (Holley Street Avenger)
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 08:27 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

ericnova, I've been tuning/driving it without the aircleaner anyway because I can't reach the idle screws very well when it's on (drop base).

I reset the secondaries to .010" transfer slot and put it back together again. This time I managed to get the car down to 1000rpm idle before I had the primaries totally shut and ran out of adjustment. I guess the secondaries are still open too far.

I will second eric32 on not having much, if any, of the transfer slots showing on the secondaries. For some reason you have to open the secondaries pretty far to expose any transfer slot. The slots are pretty high in the secondary bores. It was several turns of the screw just to get them exposed at all. I'm gonna keep shutting them a turn or so at a time until I get enough adjustability out of the primaries again.

Man, I wish there was a way to get to that screw without taking the carb off every time