Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
sorry to misguide you,,,
That was actually a quote from Ryan Heart,he seems to recommend that cam to everyone,and Im not sure why?

I think the cam is good,not the only cam but a good one. The 383 might need a small base circle cam,depending on the rods you use.My 434 needed a small base circle cam.

also??? have you considered a 4/7 swap cam?If you plan to buzz the engine there are claims that the 4/7 swap is a little smoother
I have looked at the 4/7 swap but I haven't found enough to justify swapping over to it. If I were to want max horsepower and torque with this engine, would you change the cam to a different solid roller? I can get the AFR eliminator 210s shaved down to 58cc I would think and that would bump compression to around 10:1. But my question is, is 64cc chambers alright? And the Ryan Heart thing was pretty funny lol maybe this cam gets more lift and duration as it heats up to really build the power hahaha. Also with the stroker clearanced I beam Scat rods I bet I end up with a lot of cam/rod clearance. At least I hope so!