Hot Rod Forum banner

383 Help!!!!

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Justin383 
#1 ·
I think when my machine shop drilled for my splayed bolts they cracked my block on the 2 and 4 cylinder I put silicone on the threads to seal them because they did drill into a water jacket and when I torqued them down silicone squirted out of the oil pan gasket valley and the webbings on the 2 and 4 cylinders Is it cracked? And if so is it ruined or can hardblok seal it or will the silicone be fine? :(

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I hope so I dropped A LOT of money in this engine and the parts While I was in Iraq and after I got back waited 2 months for the machine work and then waited even longer to catch up on bills and everything only to have to clearance it more for the h beams and then to find this once I think everything is finally going together I just got sick to my stomach once I saw the three spots of silicone squirting out of the block instead of the top of the bolt at the washer or something.

#7 ·
Hard to believe they didn't realize the damage. Hopefully they machined it properly for the splayed caps, it's more than drilling and tapping. The block may require at least .030" of machining to square the main registers, etc.

Glad they made it right, good luck and thanks for your service. :thumbup:

#9 ·
I think that block is junk!! When we install splayed caps we use a flat bottom caps with 10 degree angle bolts which sould not get you into the water jackets.

I would look into a Dart SHP block by the time you get another block and prep it out you might be right in line with the price of a Dart.

Thanks for your service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.