Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 hesitation
Thread: 383 hesitation
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think I have the springs and limit worked out on the mech adv now. At least I am very close. I am now in the process of fabricating an adjustable screw for the vacuum advance. Where should I start with the can adjustment, 7 turns out or all the way in?
Now it seems to idle pretty well. initial@ 20, mech @14, but I still would like to see about 24-26 initial and about 10 mech. With 10-12* vacuum adv, this would give me about 34-36* at idle (manifold vacuum). This is the range where it idles really well and would give me 34 total,(initial plus mech.)
One problem still persists. When I drop it in gear, it wants to die. Am I running into the transition slot thing?
The motor is brand new and does not run bad. I don't think there are any issues other than getting the timing worked out and carb adjustment.
I can't take it out for a drive yet, as it is a roadster, the roads are wet with snow, and it is very cold. I will try the jet change before I take it out.
It is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend, and I should be able to take it out for a drive.
Thanks for your attention and help custom10 and cobalt 327.