Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 SBC The ultimate stick
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLOL View Post
.One of the magazines did a build a while back with a Coast shortblock and it arrived with dish pistons and didn't perform impressively... before they did part 2 of that build, they discovered Coast offered the same shortblock with flat top pistons and bigger cam for the same price...
So who's fault is that?? If they can't order the right engine, it's on THEM, not the builder.

AFA "infocommercials", one link is to the company home page- like the page you linked to. The other to Demon's build up in CC is because I couldn't locate their home page, and the third was a link supplied by another member in another thread showing the results of a Coast build done w/the RIGHT parts.

When companies are featured by a magazine, or TV show, the idea is they'll get exposure. It's the way of free enterprise, nothing new about this. Nothing is misleading or incorrect as far as I know, other than the usual suspicions that people have of dyno figures from a magazine.

In THIS case, the OP wanted something w/better value than a ZZ383 shortblock. Coast has a decent deal on a forged piston 400 sbc, they torque plate hone the block, and I consider that a must-do.