Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 stroker ?
Thread: 383 stroker ?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:12 AM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoodman
So if I just build a powereful (400-450 HP) 350 with a 3.48" stroke crank, I'll be fine with a 2 bolt main?
At our shop all we build is performance engines and to tell you the truth from what we have seen over the last 37 years of building engines we anything over 350 horse it going to be a 4 bolt main.

There again we build a lot of circle track engines and we have a 2 barrel class the makes about 370 horse and 430 on the torque and from we have seen over the years that 2 bolt blocks won't cut it. Again we have had new customers bring there engines in and have not been impressed what we have seen.

Look in the GM catolog and see what GM rates there stock 4 bolt block at and 2 don't think the 2 bolt blocks are better.

We are a pretty high end engine shop and we don't like to take risks if w are building the engines and from the earlier link you tell we use all forged rotators and good and parts and do good machine work which ends up to be a good running peice on the dyno.

I have seen to many people do there engine twice because of not using the proper parts or doing the proper machine work the first time.

Here is a good link to look over when you have a lot of time as there is some good info there to read.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38173