Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 stroker help/ what heads,cam
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

this motor was in it when i bought the truck so can't say for sure untill i get it apart but this is what i was told when i recently tracked down the previous owner. these heads have been ported,bigger valves and upgraded cam. i can't give specifics yet because like i said this will be my first time laying eyes on the internals. he couldn't give me specifics either, he had an engine shop do it and doesn't have any records. i think he's telling the truth because he brought up before i even mentioned the motor in conversation. assuming the heads and cam have been worked does my swapping to a 383 stroker block seem like it will get me a reasonable power gain. need opinions of you big time engine builders out there before i can plan my build. i will be going with the proper dish pistons to keep compression from getting too high. and yes budget is the main reason for trying to keep my top end. thanks for the help