Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 Stroker Kit? Need Opinion
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:53 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGreve32x View Post
I wouldn't really say my budget is limited. I just don't want to dump 10 grand in a motor. I'm not gonna buy low end parts for this motor.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if that kit I have listed is what I will be using. I was just seeing what the opinions were on that kit. I have also been looking at a Scat forged crank with Mahle forged aluminum pistons. The motor will be a 383 stroker for sure. That's about the only thing I am 100% certain on at this very minute.

The cam and intake I am pretty certain on also which is the Comp Cam Xtreme Energy and the intake will be Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake.
If you don't want to spend ten grand buy crate motor if you want a very good engine with 500hHP you'll need some big tools/machines on a low buget so your labor and parts will add up fast especially the little things you've probably not even thought about yet just saying cause I've just finished mine and am in over 8k and didn't buy all big name parts turn key crate motor just sayin
The Following User Says Thank You to douglashwy For This Useful Post:
vinniekq2 (06-25-2013)