Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 Stroker Kit? Need Opinion
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 05:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGreve32x View Post
Well, to be honest, I'm not totally set on which heads I am planning on getting for sure yet. I don't want cheap parts but I am working on a budget in this engine build also.

The heads that I have been looking at are the Dart SHP Aluminum Heads and the Motown 220 Cast Iron heads.

The cam I plan on using is a Comp Cam Xtreme engery cam that is a Hydraulic Rolller tappet with hydraulic roller lifters. The cam is a .562 Exhaust and a .540 Intake.
Your compression ratio will be high with these pistons, therefore, an aluminum head will work better as they transfer heat faster than iron which lets them take about a ratio higher without detonation. The cam, specifically its intake valve closing point is a huge player as that develops the so called Dynamic Compression Ratio (DCR) which needs to be about 8 to 1 for street iron head ranging to 9 to one for street/strip aluminum head. Static Compresion Ratio (SCR) which is adding up all the volumes under the head with the piston a BDC and dividing that by all the volume numbers with the piston at TDC. This is adjusted for stroke used up at the point where the intake valve closes in crankshaft degrees After DBC.

Bogie