#1 ·
Hi,

We have a 388ci and we want to make it a dyno Queen :cool:

The piston is SRP 140350
intake is GMPP 10051103

we will go with a SR camshaft and big heads

So what do you recommend ?

#2 ·
what do the heads flow? how many CFM at what valve lifts? while you are there,get the intake manifold flow tested.Are you custom building the headers? what will you use as a CR? How many RPM will the engine be engineered for? Are you using shaft rocker arms? Do you have a carb yet?

#3 ·
also the raised runner heads are expensive by the time you finish all the machine work.Are those pistons compatable with the small cc heads?
none of this combination makes sense to me?what is the application?These parts are getting on the exotic side,so please explain the situation?
Its a lot of money to see what it can do to a dyno,,,,

#4 · (Edited)
Here's the low-down on the pistons, with projected static compression ratios.....
SRP 140350 Chevrolet 388 stroker high compression forged pistons
That manifold was apparently designed to work with the raised runner Bow Tie heads.....
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/performance_parts/store/catalog/Product.jhtmlPRODID=1006&CATID=995.html
Static compression ratio will be nearly 15:1 and this motor should produce over 700 hp in my opinion. It is also my opinion that the production block will begin disassembling itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.