Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 39 Chevy suspension
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 07:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

39 Chevy

Ron,
I had the car running for a short time but 2 weeks before the Goodguys Nationals, my radiator went out and I had to get a new one. I have power steering in it and I'm using a GM power steering pump but it is very sensitive. I have put in a valve that is suppose to slow the steering down but it is still too sensitive. I added two more shims and hope that it will reduce the sensitivity of it but I won't know until I drive it again. A few people on this site do not have power steering in their's and they said it worked out well for them. If I had it to do over again I think I would not install power steering. I had thought about converting it back but didn't have a rack, just paid for a radiator and wanted to go to the Nationals in Louisville next week. I 'm waiting for the lower radiator hose now but should have the car running in a day or two. If anyone knows which radiator hose will work with a small block Chevy and a Walker radiator I would appreciate the info.