Hot Rod Forum banner

39 Hudson Coupe

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 ·
A couple of photos of my old 39 Hudson Coupe.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Rambo_The_Dog said:
There's that 39 you've been talking about!

Looks great! Tell us some more info - how you found it in Scotland...I think it would be a fun read.
Rambo,
I bought it at auction from a man in distress 15 years ago. It sat in my garage for 12 years doing nothing, then I sold my 57 Caddy which was distracting me, and got started on the work. The body was removed, Chassis boxed, old suspension stripped off, a 5 link rear end fitted, with coilovers. I bought a Chrysler New Yorker which has the same Track and Wheelbase as the Hudson as a Donor car. From this the front K member with Disc Brakes, Torsion Bar suspension was grafted onto the Hudson, also from this car came Tilt Column, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Auto Box, Rear Axle and Propshaft, complete Leather Interior and a hundred other things. Oh, I nearly forgot, a 5.2 liter V8 318 Engine in good condition.

I have posted another couple of photos showing the car as I bought it, and how far it was stripped down.

JK.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.